I highly dislike traveling alone. This is about the 4th time I've taken the bus either to or from Duluth on my own and I kinda hate it. Yes, it's a cheaper way to travel, it saves gas and gets me to work right on time but it's also lonely. I end up in strange depressed moods most often when I travel by myself. It would be easier knowing that my family was waiting on the other end for me but this time I'm leaving them. I was only home for a day but I felt terrible leaving. I didn't want to leave. Usually I can't wait to get back to Duluth. But lately it's been harder because I know that I have to tell Casey that I'm not going to live with her next year and I really don't want to deal with that. I also need to have a conversation with her about some of the ways she's been acting towards me that I think are totally unintentional but still kinda suck. I'm just ready to be done with this semester but I'm so not ready to grow up.
I mostly just want to be back in England. I miss those accents so badly. There will always be something a bit messed up in my brain when it comes to England and that experience. I still have problems with what way the cars are supposed to drive on the road, where I look to cross the street and what accent I expect to hear depending on where I am. Yesterday was quite odd because I kept expecting to hear English accents while waiting in line to The Wanted but they were all American or Spanish accents. I was thankful for the people behind me in line who were speaking in Spanish because it made me feel a bit more like I was not in America. And of course I don't want to leave the people I love here but I do want to leave. I have such a strong case of wanderlust. I don't understand people who are content to stay in one place at any given time.
No comments:
Post a Comment